Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year Everyone! I hope the end of 2013 was good to you and you had a lovely Christmas too. Thank you all for supporting the blog. :) You are all awesome. 

I think the start of the New Year is a great time to update you all on what has been happening with this blog......


The end of 2013 didn't fair too well in the reading department for me. Some of you may remember back in October when I posted Reasons, Excuses, Changes, and Why. I thought that I was taking the pressure off my reading/reviewing schedule and uni commitments. I choose not to take on more review books (though I took on a couple of Harlequin Teen titles because they have been so good to me and I couldn't resist) and concentrate on reading what I had and posting those reviews. As I'm sure you can see, I was not very successful at that at all. 

I have something like 11 reviews that I need to type up, format and post. 
I read a total of 4 books since October. 
I have started 8 books. .... 8 books.... but I'm not motivated to keep reading them. I start them because I was looking forward to reading them, then get anywhere from 10% to 50% through the book, and I can't be bothered to pick them up and finish them. 
They start out ok. I guess I'm not hooked on them. The 4 books I did read I just couldn't put them down. I was interested. They grabbed my attention - and held it. 

The books I've started but am yet to finish are:



Captivate , by Vanessa Garden
Blackout , by Robison Wells
Never Fade , by Alexandra Bracken
My Life Next Door , by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Crown of Midnight , by Sarah J. Maas
Banish , by Nicola Marsh
Warm Bodies , by Isaac Marion
, by 




I think about DNF'ing some, if not all, of them but these are books I was excited for. Two are sequels of books that I adored. I guess I'm finding it hard to give up on them. I am in no way saying these books are bad, just that I'm not interested in reading them. It's me, not the books. ;)

Unfortunately having started 8 books makes me reluctant to start any more. So I have spent very little time reading at all lately. 

I use to force myself to finish a lot of books because they were review books and I think in some way it has put me off reading. 


I took the summer months off uni hoping a break would help me settle and start reading again. Unfortunately it has had a different effect - I'm finding other things that I enjoy doing and I'm spending my time now pursuing other interests. Which also meant I wasn't keen to sit in front of the computer typing up my reviews. 


I still stand by my post of October - I will still post reviews of books I read, and I wont be requesting review books nor accepting books for review. 

Next year I will be busier with uni as my son starts school, therefore giving me more time to do more uni work which in turn means I can complete my double degree quicker. 

I'll typing up reviews over the next week and will post 1 or 2 a week with the occasional promo post or meme thrown in. 
I attempted a few challenges in 2013 but I didn't complete them. I did manage to read some of the books I said I would, just not all of them. This is one reason I wont be buying or reviewing new books - I have way to many on my shelves and kindle how it is. Therefore in 2014 I have no intention of participating in any challenges. 


So there you have it. That's where I am and where the blog is at. Here's to a slightly more productive blog in 2014 ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all the comments I get and I love hearing from fellow readers. Don't forget to post your blog link so I can stop by. My Blog is an Award Free Zone. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I just don't have the time. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...